Let’s do this in a way that’s computer- and app-independent. I have my photos stored as files in a folder. If you’re using album-managing software such as iPhoto, export the photos to files before you start. (Oh, and you already have a Flickr account, yes?)
- In your browser, go to Flickr. In the top right corner, click the cloud icon. Its mouse-over label is Upload. Flickr displays the Upload Page.
- Arrange your screen so both this page and your file manager, such as Finder, are visible. Drag the photo files from your file manager to the upload page. Select all the photos (click the first one, then SHIFT-click the last one to select the range). The selected photos get purple borders. In the left sidebar, add any tags you’d like to the whole set. Click Add to album. Flickr displays the Album Selector box.
- Here you could add your uploading photos to any of your existing albums. But you want to make a new album. So click Create a new album. Flickr displays the New Album box.
- Give the new album a title, and optionally a description. Click Create album. Flickr returns to the Album Selector box.
- You should see your new album at the top of the list, and already checked. Click Done. Flickr returns to the Upload Page.
- Check that your new album is shown in the left sidebar under Albums. In the top right corner, click Upload x photos.
- You should see your new album in the top left position of your albums list. Click it to edit it, share it, etc.